Designations for Public Procurement Professionals
Depending on the area of practice, a credential may help a public procurement professional stand above the crowd. It is public recognition that you are invested in your career, committed to ongoing professional development, and constantly improving your understanding of the complex public procurement environment. There are several designations that public procurement professionals may consider. The OPBA does not recommend or endorse a particular credential. We encourage members to research their options and choose what best fits their career plan.
Below are links to start you on your journey:
1. Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC) offers certification for the CPPB and CPPO designations.
2. NIGP offers the NIGP-CPP certification
3. Canadian Supply Chain Management Professionals offers the CSCMP SCPro™ Certification
4. Supply Chain Canada offers the SCMP designation
Exam Prep Resources
Preparing to write your exam? Check out these resources:
1. CPPB and CPPO: Click here to learn more about UPPCC approved prep resources.
2. NIGP-CPP: Click here to learn more about how to prepare for the NIGP exam.
3. CSCMP SCPro: Click here for CSCMP Study Materials
3. SCMP: Click here to learn about the SCMP prep program.